- Allow sufficient workspace prior to setup by clearing objects in the arm’s vicinity.
- Always ensure the Manipulator is properly fixed to the base plate prior to operations; otherwise arm movements can cause damage and physical injury.
- Supply power to the Manipulator after making sure all cables are properly connected. While powered on do not touch the cables as it may cause erroneous operations or/and damage.
- When handling the Manipulator do so carefully as not to have your fingers stuck in the frames.
- If the Manipulator operates erroneously quickly cut off power by turning the power supply off.
- While the Manipulator is in operation keep out of its workspace; ensure no objects enter the workspace during operations.
Information appearing in a DANGER concerns the protection of personnel from the immediate and imminent hazards that, if not avoided, will result in immediate, serious personal injury or loss of life in addition to equipment damage.
- Keep away from the robot while its moving.
- Do not touch with the robot with wet hands.
- Turn off power of the robot whenever robot is problematic.
Information appearing in a WARNING concerns the protection of personnel and equipment from potential hazards that can result in personal injury or loss of life in addition to equipment damage.
- Setup robot in an environment low on dust and humidity.
- The robot must always be attached to the based when powered on.
- The robot wiring must be checked prior to powering on.
- The robot connection to power supplly must be check prior to powering on.
- Do not change wiring on Robotis Manipulator while powered on.
Information appearing in a CAUTION concerns the protection of personnel and equipment, software, and data from hazards that can result in minor personal injury or equipment damage.
- Keep robot’s workspace clear of object.
- Ensure wiring is not tangled up on every joint.
- Make sure U2D2 and PC does not interfere with the robot’s moving
|Extra cable set(4P, 2P)||1|
|4P Ext Hub||2|
|Screw set (WB M2.5 and others)||1|
|Base Plate Frame||1|
- The diagram above illustrates joints 1~6 connected in daisy-chain (serial) configuration with 4P Cable.
- Joint 1 (labeled as “1st”) connects to U2D2 via 4P Cable.
- U2D2 connects to PC via USB hub.
- Dynamixel Pro+ is powered from a a power supply via power expansion hub.
- Joints 5 and 6 (model: H42P-020-S300-R) are not separately powered; instead power comes from the same 4P Cable.
The OpenMANIPULATOR-PRO requires 24V for operations. Ensure the power supply is capable of supplying 24V and 15A or higher.
The 4P Cable connects the OpenMANIPULATOR-PRO and U2D2.
The power cable supplies power to the OpenMANIPULATOR-PRO.
|Crimp Terminal||JST SEH-001T||MOLEX 39-00-0038||MOLEX 50079-8100|
|Wire Gauge||21 AWG||20 AWG||26 AWG|
WARNING: Check the pinout! The pinout of Dynamixel can differ from the pinout of connector manufacturer.
WARNING: Before operating PRO and PRO+, please supply power through 24V power port.
Goal Position Values with Respect to Rotation
- Goal Position value determines the rotational position of Dynamixel PRO+.
|Model Name||Relationship between angle(deg) and position value|
|-180 ~ 180 (deg) → -501923 ~ 501923
|H42P-020-S300-R||-180 ~ 180 (deg) → -303750 ~ 303750