When Dynamixel detection fails ensure is properly wired. If problems persists restore Dynamixel firmware (shown below).
WARNING : After firmware restoration you will need to set ID and baud rate values again. Always make sure to set USB2Dynamixel switch to “485.”
- Restoring firmware
- From Dynamixel Wizard click on the icon to begin.
- Select the corresponding COM port number for USB2Dynamixel.
Firmware restore process steps explained.
Always connect one Dynamixel at a time.
- Pick the COM port number
- With an incorrect number Dynamixel cannot be automatically detected. Always make sure to get the port number right.
- Click on Search.
- Disconnect and connect Dynamixel
- The Next button should become clickable
Upon successful detection the Next button is clickable
- Pick the right model
- Pick the right type from the list. If not it may result in problems
- During restoration
- While restoring, the LED will blink. Do not cut power off during this stage.
All Control Table settings are set to default values.